[VLAN] Question on SMC switches and same MAC addr for different VLANs.

Ben Greear wrote:

> I'm finally on the receiving end of a vlan problem :)
>
> I want to be able to use multiple VLANs with the same MAC
> addr through an SMC switch.  But, it disables traffic
> because it thinks we have a loop or something like that.
>
> I know there is a way to disable this on (most?) cisco
> switches, and I'm hoping it can be done on SMC as well.
>
> If anyone knows the cisco and/or SMC methods of letting
> multiple VLAN devices with the same MAC communicate, please
> let me know.

Just an idea... if you have just two interfaces per VLAN you
could try disabling MAC address learning.  I've done this
trick before with marvell switch fabrics.  Obviously, if you
have more than 2 interfaces per VLAN there will be an overhead.

Alex