[VLAN] Drivers

Fernando Rodriguez
AITelecom
-----Mensaje original-----
De: vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Peter Stuge
Enviado el: Lunes, 21 de Agosto de 2006 09:16 p.m.
Para: 'Linux 802.1Q VLAN'
Asunto: Re: [VLAN] Drivers

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 10:52:01AM -0500, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> I was wondering witch card do u recoment for vlans bb4 or tg3 im
> running kernel 2.4.33 but i had some issues with natsemi i installed a
> path and i started getting Oversized? Errors.

Sorry for not commenting this further.

As the author of the simple natsemi patch referenced I would like to look
into this and find a solution that removes the error messages.
Unfortunately I have no free time right now or in the immediate future,
it'll likely take months until I get around to working on this.

Fernando, did you notice if communication worked better with the patch (and
error messages) than without the patch or if there was no difference?

The communication actulay worked for a while "2 hours or so" after that the
nic hang an the box had to be rebooted, alsa i wan to confirm that the b44
and tg3 actualy work really well using vlans

As for hardware, I recommend e100 or e1000 cards and drivers, they work very
well.

I've made one test with the tg3 driver and the BCM5751M integrated in my
laptop and it appeared to work very well with VLANs without needing any
patches to handle oversize frames properly, but YMMV.

//Peter