[VLAN] Issue with Vlans and bridges

> > I'm doing bridging between vlans without any rules, I use
> debian, here
> is
> > how I setup my bridge interfaces:
> > auto br954
> > iface br954 inet static
> >         address 10.193.79.1
> >         netmask 255.255.255.255
> >         bridge_ports eth0.954 eth1.1955
> >         bridge_maxwait 0
> >
> > The IP on the bridge is irrelevant, it was needed for the ifup to
> work.
> > This bridges traffic between the two vlans without any rules in
> etables.
> > I'm using this to translate vlan numbers between different
> L2 domains.
> > Both eth0 and eth1 go to switches with tag ports. No
> untagged packets
> come
> > to eth0 or eth1.
> > On one box I have over 50 bridges, and it just works.
> >

> I am also using debian so changed my configuration to match
> this before I
> was using:
>
> auto br1
> iface br1 inet static
>         address 192.168.40.2
>         netmask 255.255.255.0
>         network 192.168.40.0
>         pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth0 up
>         pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth3 up
>         pre-up /sbin/vconfig add eth0 40
>         pre-up /sbin/vconfig set_flag eth0.40 1
>         pre-up /sbin/vconfig add eth3 40
>         pre-up /sbin/vconfig set_flag eth3.40 1
>         pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth0.40 up
>         pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth3.40 up
>         pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addbr br1
>         pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br1 eth0.40
>         pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br1 eth3.40
>
> Your way is alot simplet, as it appears to create the vlans as well.
>
> I do have to use one ebtables rule, for traffic coming in on the eth3
> interface.
>
> My only issue now if how I can restrict traffic, I may end up
> having to find
> some other way to do this...

In iptables it appears I see some traffic but not all of it which is
strange.

I am not 100% sure what I am and am not seeing.

I think I see traffic over the port level vlan to some destinations but now
all.

I think I see traffic on the 40 VLAN from eth3.40 to eth0.40 but not the
other way round.

Very strange.

Adam

the system manager.  http://www.mettoni.com