[VLAN] broadcasts go where?

Ben Greear (greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 19 May 2006 10:45:
 >Carlos Carvalho wrote:
 >> Ben Greear (greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 19 May 2006 10:17:
 >>  >If you are sending out, then it will only go out one interface.
 >>
 >> Is there a way to make it go to all interfaces? This is necessary for
 >> broadcast-based services.
 >
 >If your switch has all of the VLANs in the broadcast domain (bridge group), then one
 >pkt will arrive per VLAN.  Perhaps you could give us more details as to
 >exactly what you are trying to do?

I've grouped machines in the department in vlans, so they only
communicate inside their group. We also have some servers which must
be accessible by everyone, so I put them in all vlans. They have the
same IP in all vlans.

Everything works fine except that broadcasts from the servers don't
reach all machines, only those in the eth0 group, that is, the
untagged vlan. So I ask if there's a way to make the server broadcast
in all vlans.