[VLAN] Multi-vlan on linux

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Lucas Diaz wrote:

> I've got a linux (fedora) working with vlan with ethernet driver patched (mtu
> 1504), my problem is that I need to make my linux member of all vlan.
> I know that on Windows it's done making the interface member of vlan 0. Is
> there a way of making this on linux?
> If there are multiple vlan on my network, I don't want to add multiple vlan
> interfaces on my linux, I want a multi-vlan implementation.

Perhaps you need to tell us more on what you want to do. Because the way I
see it is that if ethX is configured as a trunk - then it is a "member of
all VLANs" (at least as far as network diagnostics tools are concerned),
but obviously you can not (and should not) use this directly and that is
where VLAN driver for linux comes to help and allows you to setup interfaces
to work with each VLAN. If you do not care about ip assignments and possible
routing loops and still want to use all of them together, then you can
bridge the interfaces.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks