[VLAN] Pregunta sobre vlans

>From what I can gather from Babelfish, the FC3 box is also the router (not sure where the Cisco 2600 comes in - it's a router).  Apparently the VLAN's can't talk to each other or something of that nature.

Did you enable IP forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf?

Saludo to all what they conform this very important group of investigation. The reason of this message is for asking for information for a Project of Uniersidad, about the Vlans in Linux by means of the protocol 802.1Q... I have a maquina with Fedora Core 3, the same one who hara the functions of router, I have done the following thing:

<snip config>

I have vlan them connected to formed switch Cisco of series 2600 and with its respective directions... But profit not to cause that they are possible to be communicated among them...

It wanted to know that it is what I need to form... Thank you very much by the lent attention!

Translation of my message into Spanish (courtesy of Babelfish, in case the original poster does not know English) follows:

De lo que puedo recolectar de Babelfish, la caja FC3 es tambi?n la rebajadora (no segura donde viene el Cisco 2600 adentro - es una rebajadora). El VLAN no puede hablar al parecer el uno al otro o algo de esa naturaleza. ?Usted permiti? la expedici?n del IP en /etc/sysctl.conf?

-----Original Message-----
From: vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Stuge
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:30 AM
To: vlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [VLAN] Pregunta sobre vlans

Please stick to english, that way more people (like me) understand.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:33:07AM -0500, opincay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Un Saludo a todos lo que conforman este muy importante grupo de
> investigacion..
>
> La razon de este mensaje es para solicitar informacion para un
> Proyecto de Uniersidad, acerca de las Vlans en Linux mediante el
> protocolo 802.1Q...
>
> Tengo una maquina con Fedora Core 3, la misma que hara las funciones
> de un router, he hecho lo siguiente:
>
> prompt# modprobe 8021q
> prompt# vconfig add eth0 100
> prompt# vconfig add eth0 200
> etc
> prompt# ifconfig eth0.100 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 prompt#
> ifconfig eth0.200 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.252 ....
> etc
>

> Tengo las vlan conectadas a un switch CISCO de la serie 2600 y
> configuradas con sus respectivas direcciones... Pero no logro hacer
> que se puedan comunicar entre ellas...

..but if I get this correctly you're doing a project for your university and have configured VLANs on a Red Hat FC3 box, as well as on a Cisco 2600 switch connected to the Linux box..

> Quisiera saber que es lo que me falta configurar...
>
> Muchas gracias por la atencion prestada!!!

..but some configuration seems to be missing? Please explain the problem in english for us to help. :)

//Peter