[VLAN] vlan Q in Q - [WAS Re: Using a switch fabric to emulate multiple NICs]

Alex

> Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>>You may also have to hack on the VLAN code a bit...I'm not sure it completely supports
>>vlans in vlans, though it should be fairly straight-forward to add such support.

[...]
> But I cannot see why this should be a problem.  As I see it 8021q.o just adds a vlan tag to packets
> going down and strips the outer tag on packets going up.  Please can you expand on this.

FWIW I tried this recently and found that packets only had the outermost
tag, there wasn't the nesting behaviour I expected. I would be
interested enough to try a patch, if one exists.

-Cam

--
camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 <--