[VLAN] Failure Removing 8021q VLAN Interface

The group I work with has seen that, or something similar, in a test lab
environment.  It seems unrelated to what type of underlying device
(kernel bonding, brand or speed of physical adapter, etc...), how it was
created and how it was removed (vconfig rem, rmmod, etc...)  The only
(slightly educated) guess we have is that it is somehow related to
uptime and / or load as when it appears it is usually during stress
tests run overnight or over the weekend.

We noticed that when this appears the (incorrect?) reference count is
always 3.  Also, I am not sure that removing the VLAN interface while
the interface is up is necessarily a factor here as:
- We often do that without seeing any problems (yeah I know that's
probably not a good practice, but it's a test lab ;-)
- I am pretty sure (but not absolutely positive) we have seen this occur
when we have brought the VLAN interface down properly before removing
it.

While my group is a test lab, we are not really testing 8021q, but it is
used in some of our test configurations.  We are usually using either
the distributions kernel (mostly Red Hat 4, Fedora, SuSE SLES 9 and/or
SuSE Pro 9.x) or the latest 2.6 kernel.

And of course, Intel requires that I make a disclaimer that my views and
opinions are mine and do not necessarily represent the company...

-Aaron