  From: Cyprian Clement
  To: VLANFORGE
  Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 11:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [VLAN] VLAN Packet sent twice

  Johan,

  Thanks for your reply. just one quick question to the point you made. Are you actually saying if eth3.2 is sending out a packet(say to eth4.2) the packet would first reach eth3 as normal UnTagged packet but then eth3 will add a Tag(802.1q) before that packet goes out to the destination(eth4.2) ?. Then at the destination eth4 will be the first to receive the 802.1q packet and then stripp off the 802.1q before forwarding the packet to eth4.2. As a result eth4.2 will receive it as a normal UnTagged packet ?.

  Sorry if I misinterpreted your point.

  Regards,

  Cyprian.

  Johan Henes <johan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Cyprian !

    On the physical interface (eth3) ALL packets on the trunk arrives (logically enough). Here they are tagged with 802.1q info... Then the packets are "placed" in the correct VIRTUAL interface with the 802.1q info stripped away....
    This is why You expeirience what You do...

    Best regards,

    Johan