From: Johan Henes [mailto:johan@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:00 AM
To: Linux 802.1Q VLAN
Subject: [VLAN] Unable to see Cisco Native VLAN on a BSD box

 Hi !

I have set up a dot1q trunk between a Cisco switch and an OpenBSD 3.1
box. Everything works beautifully except of VLAN 1 which is default
Native VLAN on the Cisco switch. I am not able to see traffic on this
interface on the BSD box until I change Native VLAN on the switch to
something else. This of course solves the problem, but I am just curious
- is this correct behaviour ??

I know that Native VLAN is untagged, but if I connect a Cisco router
instead of the BSD box, Also VLAN 1 (native vlan) is reachable via a
VLAN-subinterface on the router....

(And I do of course see the traffic on the physical interface. it is
just that i want it to go to the vlan-interface :-)

Best regards,

Johan