[VLAN] Vlan issues

No,  x.y.z.a and p.q.r.s do not belong to the same IP network. They are
different.  You've answered some part of my question because I traced the
packets. I'm not familiar with the vlan Linux code.
I have a couple of questions though.

If a packet comes in with a vlan id that corresponds to a vlan interface
that has been configured on a physical interface but with an IP address
that is different from the vlan interface will the packet be dropped?
e.g. If a vlan interface say eth1.3 has been configured with an IP address
of 10.1.1.1 and a packet with a vlan id of 3 comes in with an IP address
192.168.1.1 I presume the packet will be dropped even if
there is another vlan interface configured with the address 192.168.1.1 on
the same machine.?

Secondly if an interface is configured for vlan tagging and a packet
without a tag comes in, will it be dropped?

I have a hub chip here that can add a default vlan id as it egresses out
of an interface but it puts the same id on all the packets irrespective of
which port it came into the chip on.

Thanks

JOJAN <JOJAN@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx