[VLAN] Linux Iptables 802.1q Gigabit Firewall

Dear listers

I am planning a project to implement an iptables, vlan capable firewall
between my wired and wireless lans.

I have a non vlan capable iptables firewall in place currently but we
are about to increase the number of vlans on our wireless network
(background)

I also wish to have the 2 physical interfaces as gigabit.

I have trialled this setup with RH9 using 2x e100 10/100 and it works
great in a lab - tested with 3Com switches.

So, I am reaching out to collective knowledge of the list.

Would greatly appreciate feedback on any of the following
* has someone done this
* recommendation of Gigibit NIC's - I see broadcom is mentioned often -
any particluar model? Any gotchas?
* recommendation on OS flavour (RH9, FC(n) ... Others?)

I will turn this into a howto (no... Im deadly serious) if I can make it
fly...

Apreciate any and all feedback

Regards

Nick

Nick Cross
Director of Learning Technologies
The Scots College
Sydney, Australia
Ph: +61 2 9391 7683
Fx: +61 2 9327 6947
eMail: n.cross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever. - Mahatma Gandhi

This e-mail contains proprietary information , some or all of which may be legally privileged.
It is for the intended recipient only.  If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.