Re: How to bridge network

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 07:11:33AM +0000, c.buhtz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> usually I am a user of VirtualBox. There it is very easy to
> configure a VM that way that it is visible in the current local
> network (e.g. a home network with one simple rooter). You have to
> configure "bridge network" in the VM.
>
> I tried to do this with "virt-manager", too. But it wants the name
> of a device and can't find it. I was looking around in the
> documentation and for a HowTo but couldn't find something. I only
> can find tutorials about vanially qemu configurations where I have
> to manipulate the network config files of my own host. That is not
> an option. VirtualBox can handle that by its own. And I assume that
> qemu is much more developed that VB and it is possible somehow.
>
> I know my description is to broad for a detailed answer. But maybe
> you can point me into the right direction, give me a link to a howto
> or ask some important questions that makes me think. ;)

It's definitely much harder than it needs to be, but the documentation
is here:

https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Bridged_networking_.28aka_.22shared_physical_device.22.29

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]