Re: Triggering a checkpoint from inside the VM

On Thu, Sep 09, 2021 at 08:31:58AM +0000, Leek, Jim wrote:
> I’ll try snapshot create, I didn’t know about that.
>
> I understand your security concerns, but they don’t apply in this case. The target environment is air gapped and isolated. I can’t see any reason to fear an attack on the VM before an attack on the host.
>
> 2. Well, I was experimenting with getting libvirt out of the system to simplify things, but I didn’t have much luck yet.

Taking libvirt out of the loop is likely to make your life harder
in the long term, especially as you'll no longer be insulated from
changes in QEMU's external management interfaces. QEMU may look
simple to manage directly at first glance, but it is actually quite
a complicated to do it well when you look closely.

Regards,
Daniel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]