Re: virt-manager test suite hangs on FreeBSD

On 12/11/19 7:40 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 07:28 -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> On 12/11/19 5:22 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
>>> I have no idea how to debug this thing. Can an actual virt-manager
>>> developer jump in? I'll gladly provide guidance on how to set up a
>>> suitable FreeBSD environment - thanks to the libvirt-jenkins-ci
>>> project mentioned above, it's a mostly automated process and
>>> shouldn't take too much time.
>>
>> I have a freebsd VM kicking around, I will try it later today.
>
> I think setting up a fresh one using lcitool would be preferable, as
> you'd then be reasonably sure that there are no unrelated factors
> messing with your attempts to reproduce and debug.
>
> At the very least, you should make sure you update all ports before
> getting down to business, since the python3-libxml2 fix is relatively
> recent.

I reproduced. Part of the test suite was forking off /bin/true to hit a
code path. But when /bin/true wasn't available it would leave a stranded
process which caused the hang. Fixed both now upstream

>> You can
>> use './setup.py test --debug' which may give more info where it is
>> hanging. Possibly somewhere in the cli tests where we try to handle mock
>> stdin or try to fake --wait timeouts
>
> Doing so doesn't really result in additional information being
> printed out: it still just quietly hangs there.

This was a separate bug, calling into the cli tools for clitest.py would
reset the test suite debugging. That's fixed too

- Cole