Re: Bridge connection question

DAMN!
I forgot to DELETE my enp30s0f0 first before trying to assign it as a slave.

Thanks for the help Cole ;)

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:15 PM Cole Robinson <crobinso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/5/19 10:15 AM, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following thing drives me nuts. I have 2 nics on my
> machine: enp30s0f0 (which is active) and enp30s0f1 (which is
> disconnected). I've also created a nat network which uses the internal
> NAT (i've called it "nat-net").
>
> What I want to do is simple: I want that the VM will get a an IP from
> the external DHCP, just like other machines in the LAN, and be able to
> access the VM from other machines in the LAN. Just like MACVTAP but with
> access from host to guests and other machines to guest (this is
> important to me since I want to set a fixed IP in the guest and register
> it in the internal DNS).
>
> No matter what tool I use - nmtui, "connection details/Network
> Interfaces" - I cannot select my active network connection (enp30s0f0)
> whether it's disconnected or connected - to create a bridge or anything
> else to perform this task.
>
> How can I perform this? link to info/howto or anything useful would be
> welcome.
> Thanks

I've used this as a guide roughly:

https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/07/23/bridged-networking-for-libvirt-with-networkmanager-2014-fedora-21/

For example if you want to bridge enp30s0f0, do

- Stop the interface: nmcli con down enp30s0f0
- Open nm-connection-editor
- Set enp30s0f0 to _not_ 'connect automatically'
- Create a bridge, say named bridge0
- Under bridged connections, click add, select ethernet
- In the ethernet dialog, click Device, select enp30s0f0 MAC.
- Name the ethernet bridge0-enp30s0f0. Save everything and exit
- Save everything and exit. May need to explictly nmcli con up bridge0
- If you want to switch back to non-bridged mode, turn off bridge0 and
bridge0-enp30s0f0 autostart, and turn on enp30s0f0 autostart

Then have your VM use the bridge0 bridge

- Cole