Plugins for virt-manager

Does virt-manager support plugins? I have looked through the source code and can not find any supporting mechanism for this functionality. I have an idea for extending virt-manager but it would involve functionality that would only be useful for some users. I would hate to impose the overhead for this new functionality for all users so I think it should be implemented as a plugin.

I can add the plugin code to virt-manager once an architecture has been established. Obviously a lot of input would be needed to get this right. Would others be interested in contributing (ideas, code, testing, etc.) to this? Or is this even the correct way to add new functionality to virt-manager? is there a better way?

Discussion anyone?

W. David Ashley