Re: How does virtual networks handle routing

On 03/28/2015 12:07 PM, Stephen Drotar wrote:
> Received virus failed with return code 1 Command
> was not found  or was not executable: virsh

...I can't parse anything useful from that sentence.

You have repeatedly mailed this list in the past week, with most of your mails
being poorly described questions that seem to be asking about basic things
that a bit of googling or reading or exploring would answer for you.

I appreciate that you are having difficulty accomplishing your goals with
virt-manager + libvirt, whatever your goals may be. But IMO you are actively
detracting from the quality of this list. And this is the second warning. If
your mails don't improve I'm going to unsubscribe you from the list.

Please, next time you have a question, try researching on google first. Go
read about libvirt's architecture for virtual networks for example. If you hit
any error messages, plug them into google first to see if other people have
the same problem.

If after all that you still can't figure things out, you're welcome to email
this list, and include:

- What you are trying to accomplish. Example: "I want to ssh to the host from
my VM'

- What you have already tried and what the results were: Example: 'I tried
ping $ADDRESS from inside the VM, but it failed with this error message: $msg'

- Information about your relevant virt setup: "My network XML looks like: sudo
virsh net-dumpxml $netname... My VM XML looks like this: sudo virsh dumpxml
$vmname...'

- Possibly what you've already tried to google for

And when people respond to your email, reply to their response indicating if
their suggestion worked, or if it failed, or you figured it out on your own,
or with answers to their questions. Describe any exact commands you tried and
full error messages you received. Copy + paste the error messages, don't
re-type them.

Thanks,
Cole