Re: Typo on the download page for virt-viewer

Hi,
PS: The windows binaries still don't include virt-manager, right? As
there are woring virsh and virt-manager, what prevents virt-manager
from working on Windows?
virt-manager is a much more complex application than virt-viewer/virsh
and is written in python. This makes life even harder because we'd need
a way to create mingw packages of python so we can incorporate it into
our build system - we avoid any use of real Windows OS for our Windows
builds - everything in Mingw + Wine. There are also various other
dependancies virt-manager has which cause more pain.

I supposed virt-manager was a simple wrapper around virsh/libvirt and so it would be an easy port once they were done. :-(

The fact is, I have a hard time convincing people to use virt-manager from Xming and similars. Having a native windows admin tool looks much better (to them) and RHEV/oVIrt is seem as overkill. Small shops who use XenServer (XenCenter) and VMware without VSphere perceive them as much easier to manage than KVM on RHEL, CentOS and others.

[]s, Fernando Lozano