Creating bridge to WiFi fails with no link present

Hello, I am attempting to create a bridge to WiFi on Fedora 19, but it is failing.

In Virtual Machine Manager's View > Connection Details > Network Interfaces > Add Interface, I was able to create a bridge to my Lenovo ThinkPad T510 laptop's ethernet port, and it works with my VM. However, when I try the same procedure to create a bridge to my WiFi card, it fails.

These are the options I am setting:
===
Interface type: Bridge
Start mode: onboot
Activate now: checked
Interface to bridge: wlp3s0 (em1, virbr0-nic, and lo are also available options; em1 is my ethernet port)
===

This is the error I get:
===
Error creating interface: 'Could not create interface: internal error failed to create (start) interface br1: failed to execute external program - Running 'ifup br1' failed with exit code 1:
Determining IP information for br1... failed; no link present.  Check cable?
'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 100, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/createinterface.py", line 1134, in do_install
    self.interface.install(meter, create=activate)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/Interface.py", line 258, in install
    raise RuntimeError(errmsg)
RuntimeError: Could not create interface: internal error failed to create (start) interface br1: failed to execute external program - Running 'ifup br1' failed with exit code 1:
Determining IP information for br1... failed; no link present.  Check cable?
===

I notice that if I have no ethernet cable plugged in so that WiFi is my only connection, and I have a ping running while I do this, the ping starts returning the below message shortly after I click Finish. I do not have network access again until I use NetworkManager Applet to reconnect to my wireless router.
ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable

I also tried a bit of fixing on my own. I edited /usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/Interface.py and put a time.sleep(30) just before the iface.create(0) that fails, and I reconnected to the router during that 30 second pause (and ping started working again), but the interface adder just failed with "Failed to create virtual interface" instead. I have since restored Interface.py to the original version.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work? Or, is there a different procedure I should follow to bridge my VM to WiFi? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
 ~ Paul Nickerson