Re: News on virt-manager for windows?

Hi Christophe,

Windows console access has always been possible with RHEV, oVirt should
have Windows console support starting from version 3.2 (or something recent
version).
How does this work, as the required firefox plugin is Linux-only?
Fwiw, the firefox plugin works on Windows too these days, but there are no
official builds nor integration with oVirt.
So there's no way to get this plugin except building it myself. Building stuff under Windows is not for the faint-of-heart, this will scare my fellow (windows-only) sysadmins. :-(

This works through 'native' support:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11702/2
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11703/
Wel, this won't work for any practical purposes right now.  :-(

I tried the three latest virt-viewer for windows releases and virt-viewer doesn't work at all. Complains about a missing DLL. Invoking remote-viewer directly does work, but I can't make spice+tls work (only plain spice, insecure) and it's stated on the release notes that spice+ssh won't work in windows.

[]s, Fernando Lozano