Which method to call to get list of all virtual machine in system

Hello all,

Which python module, method, will be helpful to get list of all virtual machine in the system and also what is the type of return value(is it list of strings(names)).

I know virtual machine manager(manager.py) uses this, but unable to get to its root, from where it is getting that list.

I am trying to extend virtual machine manager to handle "Affinity Rules" among virtual machines. Here, I need a list of all available virtual machines to display in a tree view in custom UI.

Your guidance will be helpful to me.

Regards,

Sandeep.K