Re: VM-Manager window closes automatically : Custom Menu Option

On 03/08/2013 12:12 PM, sandeep krishnamurthy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to extend Virtual machine manager to have feature to support
> creation of "Virtual Machine Affinity" functionality.
>
> For this I have added a new custom file menu option called "Create New Rule".
>
> I have also a created a UI window using Glade, to allow to create a new
> affinity rule.
>
> I have modified "Engine.py" and "manager.py" so that these changes take place.
>
> But whenever I click on the custom menu option I have added, whole VM Manager
> window closes.
>
> AFTER MUCH DEBUGGING I FOUND OUT THAT, WHOLE VM MANAGER WINDOW CLOSES WHEN I
> CALL "__init__" METHOD OF "vmmGUIObject" IN "baseclass.py".
>
> Request you kindly let me possible reasons.
>
> Is it error in my UI? or am I missing some thing?

I think I'd need to see the code to know what's going on.

What specific libvirt XML elements are you trying to expose in virt-manager? I
don't think adding a top level element under File sounds like the ideal UI for
anything that alters guest XML. So before you continue on we should decide on
an ideal UI.

Thanks,
Cole