Re: Problem with shutdown

On 07/19/2012 03:37 PM, Anderson Alves de Albuquerque wrote:

> Â I am using centos 6.3 (Host machine) and virt-manger and guest machines with
> openbsd 5.1, centos (Zimbra) and another with Openbsd 5.1.
>
> Â I am having problem with shutdown in Host machine. Host machine turn off
> after 15 minutes or more to  shutdown. the host machine has a lot of time to
> shutdowsn. This is a problem because I want that my nobreak APC shutdown Host
> machine 5 minutes before battery turn off.

I'm confused... you are talking about the host shutdown time? Is there a
reason you think virt is involved?

Maybe check if the libvirt-guests service is running, and stop it. Otherwise
host shutdown has to wait for your VMs to migrate to disk before the host will
shutdown. If you need that functionality, maybe you can move the
libvirt-guests service to run before the UPS notification in the shutdown
process (but maybe that's not possible, I'm just guessing).

- Cole