Re: iSCSI disk goes missing after domU installation

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, so the install CD unplug the emulated devices and the PV drivers
got activated. Now when you boot your guest are using

root=/dev/xvda1
or
root=UUID=xxxx
or
root=/dev/hdaX
?

I'm not at all familiar with the new Grub but when I look through grub.cfg I see "menuentry" functions that seem straightforward enough to understand, and they are using the UUID in all cases.

And when you do boot that guest, what is your output? You can
get it easily by doing something like this:

> And do 'xm console <guest>", and run 'vncviewer localhost:0'
> and in the GRUB entry add this to your Linux stanza:

OK, I'm not exactly sure how to use the new grub - I'll have to figure that much out first so this might take me a bit to get this working to be able to give you that output.

Thanks again - I really appreciate all your help.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]