Restoring recordings from image

Hi

I’ve had VDR running for almost 20 years now. Not continuously of course and occasionally I have updated the system and added more disk and new MB and CPU and so.

My problem is that I had an external disk for saving recordings which did not fit on the internal hard disk and now the external disk has failed. I had XFS on the disk and I have been able to create an image of the disk (probably with big chunks missing) but I have not been able to restore any of the recordings from the image. I have tried with foremost but the problem is the ts files. Foremost does not recognise them out of the box and I would need some header/footer information of the files. But to my understanding the ts files have no special footer which would indicate the ending of a file. Have tried to recognise from current recordings the header and tried with that. Foremost has been able to restore the info files but those are not a big help.

Anyway I was wondering if there are any tools that I could try to restore the recordings. I have tried a lot of different tools (including testdisk and photorec) but have not had any real luck. So any instructions and/or pointers would be appreciated :)

BR
\\Kartsa