Re: Integartion with systemd and rtcwake

Am 10.04.2023 um 15:07 schrieb Marko Mäkelä:
Some time ago, I created the wiki page
https://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Systemd that describes much of
my VDR installation.

On my Raspberry Pi, there is no real-time-clock. My low-tech solution
for waking up VDR for recordings is that I set an alarm on my phone, to
remind me to turn on VDR when needed. Today, I refined that a little by
implementing an idle timeout shutdown when no further recording timers
exist, or when they are in the distant enough future.

I learned that there is a portable Linux tool "rtcwake" that should
support whatever is needed by VDR. It is much simpler than the
"nvram-wakeup" that I used almost 20 years ago. On my Raspberry Pi,
basically any "rtcwake" commands will fail. That provided a good way of
testing the fallback mechanisms of my shutdown script.

I think that it could be useful to include some Systemd integration
scripts in the VDR distribution. My systemd integration consists of 4
parts that are documented in the
https://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Systemd wiki page:

* /etc/systemd/system/vdr-keep-alive.sh to control system shutdown
* /var/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown.sh to handle VDR shutdown (vdr -s)
* some configuration to have a VDR service in Systemd
* optional: additional configuration to have the video directory on USB
storage, to have VDR auto-start when the storage is plugged in.

Because rtcwake does not work on my VDR system, it would be nice to get
some feedback from users of wake-on-timer capable systems. It is
possible that the "rtcwake -m disk -s $2" and "rtcwake -m mem -s $2"
require that "vdr-keep-alive.sh stop" be invoked first and
"vdr-keep-alive.sh start" be invoked once rtcwake successfully returns
(at the wake-up time). It is also possible that the VDR process would
need to be restarted.

Best regards,

     Marko

How about