Re: A couple of noob questions on VDR + vaapidevice (output plugin)

Frantisek Rysanek wrote:

50i). Maybe the VLC can somehow cope with that (perform rate
conversion on the fly) but the vaapidevice plugin cannot. Maybe I
should attach a TV as a second display and set the PC's HDMI frame
refresh rate to 50 Hz.

I have not yet started down the vaapi path yet, (soon), but I believe you will need to set your display for 50Hz. See post #2 in this thread:

https://www.vdr-portal.de/forum/index.php?thread/132471-xserver-für-vaapidevice-optimieren/

Another issue is: how do I control the OSD on the vaapidevice output,
if I only have a PC keyboard and mouse?

Keyboard control needs to be specified at compile time - on by default, see
Make.config.template in the source package.

I have never used the keyboard, but I have assumed that when started for the first time, you are prompted for which keys you want mapped to which vdr function, when using a remote. Maybe this is not the case with the keyboard? See the "Remote Control Keys" entry in the command "man 5 vdr".

Regards,

Richard