Re: Advice for best hardware and plugins to play MKV files and receive 4K channels

-----Message d'origine-----
De : vdr [mailto:vdr-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de VDR User
Envoyé : mardi 30 octobre 2018 01:38
À : mailing list: vdr
Objet : Re:  Advice for best hardware and plugins to play MKV files and receive 4K channels

> I plan to upgrade my VDR box, with these two important features :
> - reading mkv files => I am using xineliboutput and vdpau.

>xineliboutput and VDPAU so I assume what you actually mean by mkv is
>being able to play back HD or greater content using VDPAU for decoding
>and xineliboutput to get the decoded frames to your tv.
Correct, my 4K mkv files are using H.265 codecs, HD files are using H.264.

>>VDPAU is EOL.
Ok, I didn't know it.

>>Nvidia currently has NVDEC but I can't speak to how well it's
>> supported since I dumped VDPAU for VAAPI a while back.
I just found informations here :
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hardware_video_acceleration

> Could you share best hardware cpu/video/card,motherboard/..., & best plugin/driver/... you advice at the moment?

>When I switched from VDPAU to VAAPI I retired my old hardware and just
>spent about $120 on an Intel NUC, and couldn't be happier. I'll never
>bother with video cards again for htpc/media playing boxes. And also
>non-usb tuners. Low power/low space is my theme now so my days of
>building pc's for this purpose are over. You might want to look at
>other options unless you actually want a pc tower.
I am not looking for a very small pc case, because I have 3 x dvb PCIE cards and a Digium card (for Asterisk). I will probably keep my medium Silverstone aluminium case, and I will choose an ATX or mini ITX motherboard, depending power and efficiency.

I didn't understand which player/plugin you advise in VDR.
- MPlayer was very good but no longer works...
- Media Player in Xineliboutput is convenient but little buggy under VDPAU...