Re: Race condition when executing recording hook

Yeah, I have the same issue with my Comskip setup.

Ideally, I think "after" hook should be called only after the timer is
really finished? It's not really "after" if VDR is soon restarting it.

By the way, instead of markad you could try comskip:
http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/

It's much better in my experience, and is actively developed. It
generates (slightly invalid) VDR syntax with "output_vdr=1" option in
the .ini file.

> torstaina 14. joulukuuta 2017 8.26.29 EET Harald Milz kirjoitti:
>> I don't know how to handle this properly. My suggestion would be to ignore
>> the channel pid change during an active recording on this channel, and
>> defer the change until the recording is finished _if_ "-r something" is set
>
> How about starting recording hooks with "pidchange" when stopping is caused by
> pid change and "after" only when recroding has stopped because the timer end
> time has been reached?
>

> YLE channels change their pids all the time. Different programmes have
> different sets of audio and subtitle pids. Ignoring a pid change might mean
> missing a subtitle or audio track from the recording.
>
> Ideally VDR should be able to add/remove pids from ongoing recording without
> temporarily stopping it. Couple of years ago I tried to see how adding new
> pids on the fly could be done, but it was not trivial.
>
> For YLE channels, pid changes are frequent but predictable. One could stop VDR
> from changing pids automatically and set all the possible pids statically to
> channels.conf. But if some other broadcaster also changes pids frequently but
> in an unpredictable way, then this doesn't help and pid changes mustn't be
> ignored.

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/