Create repeated remote key-press events until the remote key is released

Hi,
I'm using the Sony PS3 Bluetooth remote for controlling VDR.
Everything works except for the repeating of key presses while holding down the key on the remote.
I'm using the --lirc option for VDR to get the events from eventlircd.

I managed to generate an event for the key-down. e.g.:
KEY_ENTER
and also for the key-up event:
KEY_ENTER_rel
Here only a suffix is appended to the key name (_rel).

Is there a way to generate repeated key presses until the key-up appears? That would be great.

If there is no way available yet, I could try to implement such a functionality in the lirc.c of the VDR core.

Thanks a lot
Patrick