Re: Sat>IP-plugin: how to configure 2 DD Octopus NETs with different satellites

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:37:42 +0200
"fnu" <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remember that Rolf always does suggest to use "OctopusNet" or
> "minisatip" as device name.

Yep, that's for the quirks, I think. I simply copied the string as I
found them in the README.

> The other stuff, hmm, I don't know, as the plugin follows quite
> straight the
> SAT>IP specifications. Your add-on is maybe the point to discuss with
> SAT>the
> original author Rolf.

In the spec I found the description of the fe and src argument. They say
that, AFAIU, the src-arg depends on the configuration of your
satip-environment and that it is the client-side which should be
configured to use it correctly. I assume it is the same for the fe-arg.

I would be delighted if Rolf joins this thread. For the moment I
continue to explore things.

Thanks,
--
Patrick.