Tuners only handling some combinations of channel configs

Hello all,

As an FYI:  My HD tuner (DVB-T2 290e) was only tuning some combinations of HD channels -  I was trying to record 2 HD channels on the same multiplex and could only record one. No error was produced by VDR or in the kernel log, just that nothing happened, the original channel kept being recorded.

To cut a long story short, I found that in channels.conf some channels were configured as

B8S1P0M256

But some were :

B8S1P0
(i.e. no modulation specified)

Basically if VDR tried to tune both of these types at the same time, it failed as above.

However, individually it could tune to both types.

Once I set them all with B8S1P0M256, I managed to get 4 HD channels simultaneously :-)

Perhaps Klaus could confirm - Is this a bug/feature, is the modulation type mandatory, recommended, or best to not configure and let VDR determine when running?

Thanks