Re: How setup VDR to import external EPG data (XMLTV file)

Hello and many thanks for your help (it's hard to find for VDR)

1/ according to the wiki of VDR i've create a control file that i"ve named "kazer" (see joined file) and put in /epgsources

2/ i've downloaded from kazer.org a .xml file which provide my EPG data for France that i've named "kazer.xmltv" and put the file in /epgsources

3/ from the OSD under kodi i mapped the channel_id of kazer with the channel of VDR : now i could see the file "setup.conf" of VDR have been update with the mapped channel (see joined file)

4/ now the log of openelec tells :

Jan 15 13:44:00 OpenELEC vdr[318]: [9170] xmltv2vdr: 'kazer' ERROR (script) sh: kazer: not found
Jan 15 13:44:00 OpenELEC vdr[318]: [9170] xmltv2vdr: 'kazer' ERROR epgsource returned 127

i do understand the error is about the executable which i put in usr/bin ? is right ?
but how create this executable ? what i have to put in this file ? the executable is the cron task i would to create to downlod from kazer ?
is there an standard executable file that i can copy ?
i missed something...

Many thanks again for your help...

https://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr.git/tree/dist/epgdata2xmltv

>  It's an add on for the xmltv2vdr plugin, which downloads data from
> epgdata.com, transform the xml files into the xmltv format and pipes
> it into the plugin. In the plugin you define at which time of day new
> data should be downloaded, so you don't have to use an external cron
> job. You have to modify the source according to you epg-source and
> adjust the mapping to the channels.
>
>  Or you can use the "file" import, but I don't have any experience
> with that. If the README doesn't help, you must read the source...
>
> Lars.

Hi,

epgdata2xmltv is not going to help the original poster very much,
because it only contains few french channels and the fact, that he is
interested in kazer.org indicates that he is mainly looking for EPG of
french channels.

It would be great if xmltv2vdr could also provide a grabber for
kazer.org...

@Chris

In the meantime, you might try to create it by yourself: You need a
control file, that tells the xmltv2vdr plugin what channels to import.

Then you need an executable in /usr/bin with the same name as the
control file that downloads the data. In fact, xmltv2vdr calls that
excutable to download the data when it wants to import it. (The
executable should also transform the names in the kazer.org file to a
standard, but you can skip that step and work with the channel id in
the kazer.org file.)

Once xmltv2vdr imports the data, you have to do another step: by using
the OSD of VDR, you have to tell the xmltv2vdr plugin in its settings
which channel-id from the kazer.org file corresponds to what channel on
the VDR.

You can find more information here:
https://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Xmltv2vdr-plugin

Cheers