Dear TV card experts - I need you help

Hi,

Let me start of by presenting myself. I am a Computer Engineer and a business man, looking to launch a service where TV channels from primarily satellites will be made available to the public.

I am trying to garner more info on this topic but it is so difficult to figure out the requirements are and what the best/most optimal solution would be.

I'd appreciate if you could take some time to help me figure out what is out there, and where our focus should be on first.

From linuxtv i understand that there are a number of cards one could use for this purpose.
I am interested in good quality cards, that allows us to record and present as many channels as possible for as little money as possible.

Most cards out there supports maximum 4 channels per cards. Some I've looked into costs around 200 USD per card and for 2000 channels, excluding all other hardware, that would cost around 100 000 USD.

Do you know of any suitable cards to look into for this matter?

Also, what software solutions would one need for the tv card up to the presentation part?

Also, maybe there are already services out there which would allow us to get access to channels content, without setting up a satellite and such cards. For instnance, free linux tv services with already existing content. However, relialibilty is the key here, and channels cannot come and disappear.

What else would one need to consider in order to provide such a solution?

Also, do you know of other similar existing and competing solutions out there already? I know of some of these sites, but non of them are comprehensive or good enough.

If you were to help out and become a valuable contributor, you will indeed be rewarded with shares and money generated from this project. I can't go into great detail now what those plans are, but your help will certainly not go unrewarded, especially if you were to become more involved, whether as an consultant or as an active participator.

I appreciate your time, and hope that you are able to shed some light on some of these questions, and possibly others.