Re: from xineliboutput to ... perhaps softhdddevice?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:56 AM, Gerald Dachs <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> use softhddevice + vdr + streamdev-client on the clients and connect to a
>>> streamdev-server on the main vdr.
>>
>> Well, that works so far, but it is not an effective substitute for the
>> functionality of vdr-sxfe,
>> at least not for what I use it mainly. All functions run on the remote
>> machine, and only the screen is
>> transferred to the local machine.
>
> This solution, or the already mentioned possibility with Kodi and vnsi/xvdr,
> are the only supported ways currently.
> If this is not good for you, then start coding.

Proper server/client has been on the user wishlist for ages. There's
no reason to be rude to someone looking for something better. If those
solutions were all that great then there wouldn't be any reason to
ask. Of all the people who are scolded with `code it yourself then`,
how many actually can? Probably very very very few, so why bother with
such useless comments?