Re: sub-titles on Arte

On 26.2.2015 22:53, Peter Münster wrote:
I don't know. My parents have a normal TV device and they see German
subtitles. I would like to know how to get them with VDR...

German subtitles might be on teletext and other working ones are normal DVB bitmap subtitles. VDR needs patch and plugin for teletext subtitles.

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/show/plg-ttxtsubs

It would be really great if this patch or support for plugin otherwise would be added to VDR. Now you can't use some distributions ready packages if you need teletext subtitles, you have to compile all yourself.

OT:
Congratulations for 15th year birthday to Klaus and everyone who participated in making of VDR.