Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR version 2.2.0 released - Celebrating 15 years of VDR!

Hi Klaus and VDR community,

Thank you for this release.
As you know, VDR is like a wine that will age well !
I use it without moderation :-)

Cheers,

Bernard.

> Some reader comments in that article seemed to suggest that VDR is becoming
> obsolete due to streaming services and RaaS cloud services
> (recording-as-a-service). Those readers seem to forget two important issues:
> privacy, and availability of service.

Add preference to that list as well. Streaming tv isn't making
anything obsolete, it's simply another option to choose from. VDR has
nothing to worry about, I have no doubt we'll continue to celebrate
development milestones and anniversaries.