Re: merge 3 recordings of the same show to remove glitches?

I'm doing this quite frequently. I'm using following command to find the errors in vdr recordings:

cat $(ls -1 0*.ts | sort -n) | ffmpeg -i /dev/stdin -f null /dev/null 2>&1 | tee ffmpeg.log

2 lines are produces every second so the accuracy of error location depends on how fast the CPU is.

I tried several frame accurate editors in the past and found fame-ring being the best for this task.

http://www.fame-ring.com/

I cut only MPEG2-TS but it should handle h.264 in TS too. The only downside of this editor is that it doesn't run under Wine, so I ended up with minimalistic WinXP installation in Qemu. Cutting the files on Samba share is pretty fast with virtio network driver.

Michal