Re: Restart of frontend

Am 14.02.2015 um 19:53 schrieb VDR User:
>>  At yavdr we use this feature to start X and vdr in parallel and attach softhddevice when X is ready.
>>  And you can restart X when softhddevice is detached.
> Do you happen to know approx. how much startup time is saved doing this?

We have no times for this isolated feature of starting X and vdr
parallel, because we do more.
We don't use lircd, but eventlircd, because eventlircd has not to wait
until the remote devices are ready, so the vdr don't need to wait for
them too.
Many current dvb tuners need long time to get ready, sometimes because
usb enumeration happens late, or firmware has to be loaded. For this
Lars has invented the dynamite plugin that collects tuners when they are
ready and gives them to the vdr.
Other distributions have to wait with the vdr start till the last dvb
tuner is ready. We don't wait for any of them. The vdr will show a
picture when the first tuner comes ready. Of course it is very hardware
related, but 10 seconds from bios post till live tv is possible. We had
even some customized setups that did it in 6 seconds.

Gerald

!DSPAM:54dfe318514691998282038!