Re: vdr with different type DVB tuners

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> I have vdr 2.0.6 on a Rasperry PI, and using it via vdradmin-am and vlc.
> Works fine.
>
> I have a DVB-T/T2 tuner, and a DVB-C tuner on it currently. Both the
> tuners work fine when alone in the system. Anyway, I connected them both
> to the RasPI and tried to tune the DVB-T tuners to the free channels,
> and DVB-C to the pay channels.
>
> Now the DVB-C tuners is device 0 and works fine. But when I try to watch
> the free channels, VDR log file tells me that device 0 was not able to
> connect to the channel.
>
> My channels.conf has the pay channels scanned with w_scan -f t and
> w_scan -f c and woth outputs combined.
>
> Is it possible to do what I am trying to accomplish? channels.conf has
> the letters T and C for the channels, as specified by w_scan.
>
> Thanks.

VDR itself handles combinations of such tuners just fine. I have no idea how vdradmin-am is supposed to work, so my guess is that there goes something wrong.

You could show us your channels.conf and sources.conf (atleast check if there is T and C defined). And check logs for any errors, and check if VDR detects tuners and their types correctly.

If your DVB-C tuner reports it can handle DVB-T, then that might be the case.

For example one of my tuner does that:
frontend 2/0 provides DVB-T,DVB-T2,DVB-C with QPSK,QAM16,QAM32,QAM64,QAM128,QAM256 ("Sony CXD2820R")