[solved] allwinner A20: vdr-plugin-sc does compile, but binary incompatible

Hi All,

I have got the sc plugin now running on my Allwinner A20. It's now recording 7 TV shows at the same time :-)
It turns out the sc directory still had some old object files from my last compile on the DNS323 NAS. As those do not have the same CPU, this creates a file that does not run.

For reference, here are the steps I have taken:
1) Get the source and the debian patch:
$ hg clone http://85.17.209.13:6100/sc
$ wget http://vdrbox.lautre.net/fichiers/VDR/debianize-sc/sc-debian-package-03062$
$ cd sc
patch -p1 < ../sc-debian-package-03062011.diff
2) Apply the patches I've send in the previous mail:
patch -p1 < ../sc-patches/sc-dvbcsa-camc.patch
patch -p1 < ../sc-patches/sc-dvbcsa-camh.patch
patch -p1 < ../sc-patches/sc-dvbcsa-devicec.patch
patch -p1 < ../sc-patches/sc-dvbcsa-makefile.patch
3) back-up the patched makefile:
$ cp Makefile ../
4) start the compile process. This step will fail.
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
5) restore the Makefile from the backup:
cp ../Makefile .
6) start the compile process again. This time the compile will succeed.
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b
7) in the parent directory the 2 dep files are present
cd ..
8) as root, install the 2 .deb files:
# dpkg -i vdr-plugin-sc_*.deb libvdr-sc-cardclient_*.deb
For more information, see the debian wiki, under VDR:
https://wiki.debian.org/VDR#Install_vdr-plugin-sc_and_libvdr-sc-cardclient_from_source

Kind regards,
Cedric