Re: still image at end of replay

On 04/09/2014 08:53 PM, Peter Münster wrote:
Hi,

Here a little feature request:

Problem: the children are watching a recording, and at the end VDR
switches to normal live TV, that can be anything. I have to be there at
the right moment to turn off the screen and the sound, in order to bring
them to leave the tv-room.

I would be nice, if VDR could turn off the sound at the end of a replay
and show a still image (e.g. "Children, go to bed now!").

What do you think about that?

It should be possible to make a quite simple plugin which would do this. The cStatus-class in status.h has a function Replaying which is called when replaying starts or stops. Implementing this function in a plugin would allow to do the necessary things i.e. turning off the sound with cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->ToggleMute() and using something derived from for example the pictures-plugin to show a still image. As this should be rather simple I'll look into it during the weekend and see if I'll manage to make a working plugin.

-Matti