Re: EPG for BBC TV channels?

>> The author of the EEPG plugin has always been very helpful. You should
>> just contact him about adding Freeview HD support. Then you won't have
>> to monkey around with patches and messing with the VDR core.
>
> I think concensus is that the patch's code is cleaner than the plugin's.
> I looked at the plugin code to see if I could work out how to make the
> Huffman decoding work on standard PIDs for Freeview as well as on
> Freesat's non-standard ones, and found it too difficult to follow. The
> original author might not have so much difficulty, but there's also
> quite a big memory leak which somehow defied my efforts to trace it with
> valgrind.

I mentioned this thread to him yesterday. He gave a quick look but
needs someone with access to Freeview HD to provide debug logs & test
since he doesn't have that provider. Also, I've been using the latest
git of EEPG for some time and haven't noticed any big memory leaks.
When is the last time you've tried this plugin?

I used to have to patch the VDR core to get eit working here too. I
must say, it's quite a pleasure to not have to maintain/fix it anymore
now that I can just use EEPG. Even if you don't care about support for
Freeview HD in EEPG, I don't see why you wouldn't just put your patch
into a plugin and never have to hassle with fixing it again. I think
most people prefer not to patch the VDR core at all when it can be
avoided.