Re: Change vdr shutdown command (into pm-suspend)

On 12/06/2013 06:18 PM, cedric.dewijs@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All, I'm trying to make my TV server faster by calling pm-suspend
instead of shutdown. I have made a script that stops vdr, unloads the
DVB-t driver, suspend, resume, load the DVB-t driver, and restart
VDR. This works nicely., see here for details:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=109612 Now I'm trying to
automate it. VDR is capable of shutting down the PC. This can be
setup in /etc/default/vdr Is there any way to let VDR call pm-suspend
instead of /sbin/shutdown? Where is the setting for it? Best
regards, Cedric

Hi

VDR has a command line option '-s' which defines the shutdown command it uses.
Definition for the option can be found in the man page or in for example
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/VDR_Optionen#shutdown

-Matti