Re: Really stupid question about Full-Function DVB Cards

Why do you need a DVB-C card?
You can use the FF DVB-S card for playback (output) only:
" -Pdvbsddevice --outputonly "

regards,

István

2013.11.17. 13:09 keltezéssel, Brian-Imap írta:
Hi,
dont kill me please..............

I'm using a 4 Tuner Cine 2 DVB S2 setup for recording  TV programs.
For playback I was using a DVB-C FF Card, so this was not being used
to record as there were no Cable channel entries defined and no cable
attached to it. Worked perfectly, but now the DVB C card has broken.

So I need a replacement. But I have multiple FF DVB-S cards laid around
here not in use.  As the dvbttpci driver is only used for this one card,
wouldn't it be possible to patch the driver so that it reports the DVB-S
card as a DVB-C card? Maybe even by an optional parameter?

That way I wouldn't need to buy a new DVB-C card.

Stupid idea or not?

Cheers Brian