Re: vdr 1.7 -> 2.1 upgrade tips (FHS)

On 04.11.2013 21:25, Lars Hanisch wrote:
Hi,

Am 04.11.2013 17:17, schrieb VDR User:
Hi,
Have a look to Make.config.template if you want to use vdr 2.x like 1.6
running in one single dir!

Yeah, I saw that sort of thing is doable but it's probably worth my
while doing things "properly" to fit in with the current way of
thinking.

It's not `improper` to keep the same pre-FHS structure. A lot of
people don't care about FHS. I personally don't like files spread out
all over the place. Instead I prefer things be kept in a single
location so things are easy to keep track of. For that reason, I also
use ONEDIR=1 in my vdr Make.config. I didn't have to move any files
anywhere and upgraded VDR with no problem.

Don't do something because someone else does it. Do it because it's
what you actually want. If you don't want it that way, why force
yourself to go against your own preference? Especially if you're using
linux where anything goes.

  And I'm pretty sure vdr will always support the "one directory" setup, because Klaus is using it (as far as I know).

You bet! ;-)

Klaus