Re: VDR and folders

Sounds interesting, if I copy a video off my phone will I be able to see it in vdr without editing folders.conf?  I currently switch to xbmc to watch stuff recorded or copied outside of vdr .

From: Klaus Schmidinger
Sent: ‎04/‎11/‎2013 11:09
To: vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VDR and folders

On 19.10.2013 19:38, Thomas Maass wrote:
> Hi!
> I like the new editing functions coming with version 2.1.2.
> Thank you for that Klaus!
> It would be nice, if VDR could recognize existing subfolders
> and add them to folders.conf automatically.
> Sometimes I edited my videodir manually, created some
> subfolders to sort some recordings. VDR does not know
> about these folders.

I tried mixing existing recording directories into the entries
in folders.conf. However, this pretty soon gets rather complex.
Should recording directories only appear in the menu or should
they actually be written into folders.conf? What if they are only
in the menu, and you create a new subfolder in one of them?
I'd really like to keep things simple here...

With the new possibility of renaming entire folders and moving
around recordings from within VDR's menu there shouldn't be the
need for messing around with the actual disk files/directories
any more.

Klaus