Re: VDR needs some way to detect new tuners on runtime...

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM, cedric.dewijs@xxxxxxxxxx <cedric.dewijs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have 3 USB receivers. Sometimes my cat runs over the cables, and in some cases causes one receiver to be loose. I would like VDR to be able to start in that situation, and not wait until all adapters are connected. This would mean I won't be able to record -and even worse watch- anything until I figure out the receiver is loose. I know I should guard my receivers so they don't go loose, but this is not always as easy as it sounds :-)

You want to be able to start VDR without any dvb devices, right?

A bit offtopic, but related is the following situation: When VDR is recording something from my USB DVB-T receiver, and I unplug it, this USB port does not work anymore until the program that is using the receiver is stopped. In this situation, I would like VDR to recognize something is wrong, and stop using the receiver. Then the kernel can de-initialize the receiver, and when I re-plug the receiver, the kernel can initialize it again. Then It would be nice if VDR recognises the new receiver, and starts using it.

I seem to remember this type of dynamic/hotplug capability being discussed some time ago in regards to the new server/client design upgrade. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe this is already on the todo list for that upgrade.