Re: RFC: one or many positioners?

Al 21/04/13 20:17, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> Al 21/04/13 15:52, En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>

>> Any visual feedback will be done via the channel display of the skin, by
>> comparing
>> CurrentLongitude() to TargetLongitude(). And of course any section
>> filtering will
>> start only after the target position has been reached.
>
> Mmh, how will the system decide between "GotoAngle" and "GotoPosition"?
> I have a linear actuator and I can only work with pulses. While in
> theory calculating the angle is possible, it'd be difficult to do and it
> will vary based on the geometry of the mount.
> Also, I don't like the use of "Number" in StorePosition, mainly because
> I've been using Source up until now, but I guess I can live with that.
> From the complete interface it seems that everything regarding
> positioning will be managed by vdr itself, so the main screen of my
> plugin[*] will be made redundant (good! I'm lazy), one thing I see
> missing is some way to show error conditions (I have "Limit reached" and
> "Motor error", which means the motor isn't moving even if it should).

FYI, I use these states in the driver, shown here with the corresponding
message in the plugin:

 ACM_IDLE (no message since it's doing nothing)
 ACM_WEST, ACM_EAST "Dish target %d, position %d"
 ACM_REACHED "Position reached"
 ACM_STOPPED, ACM_CHANGE  "Motor wait"
 ACM_ERROR "Motor error"

Limit control is not done by the driver but by the plugin, and the
messages are

 "Dish at limits" (in manual mode)
 "Position outside limits" (in positioning mode)

There's also a "Position not set" if the new channel is in it's in a
source that's not been memorized (I'm currently implementing a cStatus
to detect channel switch).

Bye
--
Luca